The HTML <strong> tag is a phrase tag used to define important text and is usually rendered as bold text.
THe <b> tag can also be used to render bold text but strong tag is semantically more appropriate.
The strong tag supports the global and event attributes.
<p><strong>HTML5</strong> is the building block of <span style="font-weight:bold;">webpages</span>.</p>
Related HTML tags:
- <em> - used to define emphasized text
- <samp> - used to define sample of computer code
- <code> - used to define computer code
- <kbd> - used to define keyboard input
- <var> - used to define computer variable